Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Wreath of Flowers for Cambry



Blessing Way is a way of honoring, celebrating and empowering a mother before the birth of her child.  Simple as that, and there are all kinds of ideas out there about how to support a woman with a modernized Blessing Way gathering.  I chose just a few elements for our evening.

One suggested idea is to give the expectant mother a foot bath using herbs and flower pedals in the basin of warm water and/or create a wreath of flowers for her head or bare belly.  

Well now.   I did what I would have preferred.  Ain't no one looking at my belly at 8 1/2 months pregnant.  Cambry is is the definition of feminine to me, I could just envision her with a wreath of flowers around her head.  Am I right or am I right?



I was pretty much hiding in the laundry room as guests arrived to create this little number.  I didn't even have a base 18 guage wire wrapped in floral tape, as suggested to start out with.  And I didn't wrap the individual flowers with wire and tape either.  I pretty much just wired flower and leaf stems to one another to connect them, and then wrapped floral tape around the little wire wraps so they wouldn't poke her head.  I think I made this in 15 minutes or less.  Of course I had a different vision in my head, but some things just need to be simplified.  

I used white spider mums, mini pink carnations and eucalyptus buds and leaves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment