Monday, August 16, 2010

Brain Re-Booted


Sometimes you just need to get away from it all. I am learning the art of getting away, relaxing and enjoying God's most beautiful masterpeices. This last weekend we spent time in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Our family, along with some good friends and family, took a raft down the Snake River. We hiked the Tetons. We rode our mountain bikes around Palisades Reservoir and the surrounding area. I ran early every morning, fearful of moose, bear or any other animal I imagined might attack me. But it was so peaceful and pristine during those early hours of the morning, I had no choice but to take the risk. The weather cooperated, it was cool and brisk or sunny and warm at all the right times. Even the bugs cooperated. The company we spent time with was enough to refill my bucket until the next get away.

I have many cool projects to start this week, and I just hauled home a truck bed full of fresh ideas and more brain capacity...along with one happy family and some very dirty laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment