Thursday, March 10, 2011


This cake is my favorite cake. I continue to make it year after year, and have since a girlfriend's baby shower in 1997. I made it for a Relief Society function recently. I had to drop it off at the church and then leave to go to my night class. At the end of the women's event, there was none left, not even a crumb. The very next day a woman that lived in another area who I didn't know, called me to ask if I ever shared my recipes with others. Of course I do. If Martha can share hers, I'll share hers too. Just keep in mind the lemon curd must be made a day ahead, and the cake must be assembled to set in the refrigerator overnight. Lately I have not been good about pulling out my camera for my creative moments. It was my father-in-law's birthday and this is the only snapshot I got of the birthday cake. I'll have a do over post another time and you can see it in all it's beauty and sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment