Monday, April 14, 2014

What Are Little Boys Made of? - "Little Boy" Baby Shower

My niece's last name is Little.
She was having a baby.
It's a boy.
The poem about "What little boys are made of" seemed to be the perfect fit for the theme of her baby shower.

The invite
I really wanted to send out something that could be repurposed.  I like to be green when I can, you know, keep the world lookin' good.  Some guests said they framed this little card.  Great Grandma kept it as a mobile on her lamp.  I thought it could be used as a baby card for someone.  I've been accused of being "the creator of clutter", so I thought I would give guests the option to dispose of the invite responsibly.  





The spread


I used paper mache painted mushrooms, preserved moss, silk daffodils and lily of the valley stems, moss rocks from the dollar store of all places, some paper tulips and foliage I made from crepe paper and paper ribbon, fresh wheatgrass from the grocery store and some mums I had received a couple weeks before that managed to stay alive long enough to really get some mileage out of their freshness.  I also added some feather wired butterflies to the composition and gummy frogs and worms in a couple candy bowls.  They just seemed to work.  And actually, the guests ate them all, so they must not have just been for the aesthetics, turns out the kids liked them better than the freshly baked goods.  


The happy favors of primroses and bright little flags

The Happy Mommy-to-Be




1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing as always. Congrats to the mama!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete