Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Art Market: There is Still Saturday

This Saturday, October 8, 10 am - 5 pm
Sugarhouse Garden Center 
1602 East 2100 South 
Salt Lake City, Utah
 The big kick-off for the holiday arts and crafts season began today.  Well, for me anyway.  I wish everytime I wouldn't be so dissappointed of what I didn't get to make on my list.  I only had a week to prepare this time, so I made claims I wasn't able to get to.  So sorry if you went looking for my hand-lettered potions, the ones you see pictured are all from Jeni Gochnour's inventory.  The good news is they have almost moved from the designing phase (for the third year in a row) to the crafting phase. I also had to forget my painted lawn signs, handmade paper mache witches and a myriad of other pretties.  Nanette continues to remind me that there is always next year's show.  I kept whispering that to myself last night as I put on my jammies to just go to bed.
Childrens' Halloween Parade masks.  Or Mardi Gras.  Or Masquerade.  Take your pick.
I wish you could see how cute the ravens are with their black glittered beaks and eyes, ruffled collars, striped painted legs, and party hats.  We became instant friends as soon as the party hats were on and the bows tied.
Oh my, these sea salt caramel toffees in the mini coffin boxes turned out so tasty.   Great gifts for neighbors and teachers.
The handpainted recycled old spooky books created some last minute fun for me.



More New Years Eve masquerade and Witches Night Out masks.

Elsa painted and assembled all these little witchy finger cards.  Thanks my little apprentice!

Really fun streamers for your school classroom party, mantel or dining room table.  Some are fringed and some are just dual colors ruffled.  So fun to make!

More of Elsa's work.


Do you spy the little witch shoes?  I am so mad I didn't get a close up of these, they were my pride and joy.  The tag reads, "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat."  And this table had the jar of frou-frou princess masks.  Pink, purple, and lots of sparkles.  Poisons by Jeni Gochnour.







This children's spinner game is so fun.  I have used it every year for one of my girls classroom parties over the last 10 years.  I re-created the game from one my friend, Jennie, found online from the 1930's or 40's.  The wording is just too cute.  You gather a few basic household and food items for the game, and them just spin away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment