Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fifteen Years and Still Counting

 Hard to believe it's been 15 years today.
My sister-in-law is a sweetheart.  Greatest thing to happen to my brother was when he married her.  I remember this bridal shower like it was yesterday.  I had 101 things on my mind for the wedding the next day, like floral arrangements and bouquets and tables decorations... but I somehow managed to forget all the to-do's and have a little gathering at my little tiny Sugarhouse home in Salt Lake City for just the girls in the family.  
 The invitation was just my handwritten lettering on a vellum overlay with 
Italian paper as the main border, garnished with a plum luminescent french ribbon.  
 This was a new thing back then, gel pens.  
Oooooh.  
Baby blue ink with an eggplant speckled envelope.  
Not so trendy now, but it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment