Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Every Nook & Cranny: Company's Coming


As one gets ready for company, one looks in every nook and cranny of the house. It got overwhelming this morning for this one, me. I decided to focus on only a couple nooks and crannies.

I have artwork sitting in a corner to be hung one day. It's sort of like the adult version of Toy Story around here. In my case, the collection of art needing to be framed or hung are my toys. The frames cry out to me, "Please, just 15 minutes of your time and we won't bother you anymore. You can even check it off your ginormous list." This morning, it happended. Rather than clean where company will be staying, I checked off some long needed tasks for those nooks and crannies upstairs.

The first print is from the U of U letterpress and print art show my friend went to years ago. She got one for a family member, and I saw how beautiful it matched my bathroom. I had her order me one. I mean, bathroom art is a difficult concept as it is. This just seemed to work, colorwise and themewise in my master bath. Who really cares how well it works? I love it. It's a cool print, and I certainly have a sweet tooth. Unfortunately, I have no idea who the artist is or I would give credit.

The second photograph is a series of three small works of abstract art I purchased at a special showing for fine artists of Art Market. Her name is Denise Crane and she teaches art at Alta High School here in Sandy where my daughters will attend. My oldest wants to get involved in the art program there, so I thought it would be fun to have a little collection of her art. They were so affordable, and I have always loved abstracts. And these were just so perfect for this little cranny right next to my office door.

No comments:

Post a Comment