Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Dresser and Nightstand for June

So the dresser turned out a little different than originally planned.  Remember the bright lemongrass green?  I got my way because I am the mom and purchased a light buttercream yellow.  I found some different pale pink glass knobs from Anthropologie instead of the green polka dot knobs I had originally planned to use.  They match her pink hobnail glass lamp beautifully.  The second choice seemed to fit the whole ensemble of her room much better.  I absolutely love it. 
 




The nightstand is a favorite.  The orange isn't too bright.  It's from the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot.  The color is called Yam.  I painted a dresser for my little sister's son's room last summer.  It looked amazing in his room.  I thought the orange was just right.

June picked out this beautiful knob from Anthropologie.  It was $10 though.  I already had this darling flower knob in dark wood stain that I picked up for $3 on sale from the same place.  I told her I would paint it and it would match even better than the one she wanted.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Basically this nightstand cost me about $22 from start to finish, including the free nightstand I found in someone's city clean-up pile, paint, stripper, knob and misc. supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment